I feel like I’m busier than ever, and I think my scale and pocketbook are showing it. So when I heard about the concept of food delivery services, I figured it was worth looking into.
The concept: ingredients for meals are shipped straight to your door. No dealing with the grocery store, so that saves time. Only what you need is sent, so that saves food waste.
The catch of course is as a single gal, I need to be sure it is weeks I would eat 6 home cooked meals, as most services are a minimum 3 meals for 2 people. But…that’s at least more variety than me making one mega meal and eating it 6 times.
Noticing that many services have deep discounts (up to a week free) for trying them, I figured this could save me some big money upfront, and maybe some savings if I stick with any of them (with meals averaging around $10 a serving, it’s more than scratch cooking but less than eating out).
So starting in mid-July, I began my trials. I’ll post individual blogs on each as I go along but here’s the services I’m trying (along with referral links if you’d like to try at a discount!):
- Chef’d: www.chefd.com (sign up for emails to get $10 off): Cooking with Chef’d
- Green Chef: http://greenchef.com/invite/p7drbp (4 free meals)
- Home Chef: https://www.homechef.com/invite/mjlmyUJvvZ62 ($30 off)
- Blue Apron: www.blueapron.com (offers discounts via email sign up)
- Hello Fresh: www.hellofresh.com (referral code 2225256JVFR7 for $40 off)
- Plated: www.plated.com
- Marley Spoon
- Peach Dish